Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Vino e Espresso

Wine & Coffee - My two favorite vices!

Anyone who knows me knows that I have a strong affinity towards both! There is nothing better than a strong cup of coffee in the morning when you're just waking up. And, there is nothing sweeter than ending your week with a rich and delicious glass of wine.

After studying Chinese Medicine for many years, you come to believe that both these lovely liquids consumed regularly lead to health issues. I had a hard time reconciling this because both play such a prominently role in my life and as I figured, in the lives of most Europeans! How could the French or the Italians go without their cafe au laits or cappuccinos or without their Bordeauxs or Barolos. Generally they lived healthy productive lives. They may not live as long as the Japanese but boy did they really enjoy every day, every meal.

Well I've recently come across some great research making these luxuries in life seem healthy (in moderation of course!)


You can lower your risk of dying from heart disease by 25% if you drink 2-3 cups of caffeinated coffee a day (Annals of Internal Medicine)

Women who drink wine are less like to develop dementia than those who don't imbibe. (Amer. Journal of Epidemiology)


Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment